
I thought I might post before the end of the day and let you all know once again I found a hostel last minute….if you care. Oh, and I found a hostel for the next two nights as well. Not the same one as tonight but at least I don't have to worry about it the rest of the time I'm in Paris! In trying to find all these hostels, I'm getting to be a pro on the Paris metro and understanding the layout of the city quite a bit.
Comical moment of the day: A Chinese woman was getting her picture taken in front of the Eiffel Tower. A woman in a full gorilla suit snuck up on her while putting her arm around the Chinese woman's shoulder. The Chinese woman shrieked multiple times running off into the park over 100 yards, at least, leaving her husband behind. When she finally returned she begrudgingly took a picture with the gorilla suited woman still whimpering in fear at the sight.
So yes, I went to the Eiffel Tower today. It's a very cool structure and something you should see once, but the lines are a pain. I probably waited in line over two hours to get to the top. On the way down I was so fed up with lines, I just jogged down from the second story. I know guide books advise showing up early, but I'm sometimes I'm lazy and I guess I had to pay for it today. Heed the advice.
From there I went for a long walk to the Arc de Triumphe, down the Champs Elysees, to the gardens surrounding the Louvre, where I went to my first museum of the trip, the Museum Orangerie, which had a nice collection of Monet's Waterlilies, Picasso, Cezzane, and Renoir's. I feel so cultured. I should note that also early this morning I tried to go to the national Picasso museum, but apparently it is closed until 2013! Future travelers to Paris beware.
Oh, I might try a new a pose in one of these photos in front of these famous landmarks at some point….maybe. Suggestions? Also, the lady that took this photo reminded me that some people think I look like a young Tom Cruise…really? I've heard it before, but come on.
I think you should buy a gorillla suit
ReplyDelete