The Kunsthalle is a contemporary art museum which I enjoyed much more than the Albertina's contemporary art selection especially because they were having a huge Space exhibit called Space is the Place!, which included the following Andy Warhol print.

This museum also had a large Salvador Dali exhibit. I had no idea Salvador Dali had such a crazy mustache to go along with his art. I didn't know much about him before going to the museum actually. He was quite the showman and marketer of his own work. I imagine he would have been someone to thrive on Twitter.
The Schonbrunn was the summer palace for the Hasburgs. The inside of the palace was majestic, but the throngs of people on tours and the little listening device that looked like a Zach Morris cellphone everyone received made the entire tour quite unappealing. The huge garden area was a much better experience....except for the hour or so I got lost in the hedge maze. Additionally, it was the first sunny day in a couple weeks it seems, so that was a huge plus.

Also, I would advise anyone still with a student ID to continue to travel with it even if you aren't still in school. A lot of places give you a nice little discount up until the age of 25 or 26 depending on the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment