
Well I spent a couple days in Geneva because it was an easy bus ride from Chamonix and there is a train all the way to Vienna. Geneva is a nice city, but much smaller than I had anticipated. The focal point of the city is Lake Geneva itself where I spent a lot of time just lounging around in the park by the water. There isn't much to see or do but I took a tour of the Old Town and just sauntered around the shopping area. It's known as the city of watches and banks. I considered getting a Patek Phillipe watch just to fit in, but I think I might be stuck in Geneva for the rest of my life if I actually shelled out the cash for one of those. The most ambitious thing I've probably done here is go out to a bar on a boat that kept me on my toes so as not to end up in the lake. Of course the $15 drinks were very appreciated as well. Mont Blanc can be viewed from much of the city and its pretty amazing to think I was actually at the top just a few days ago. Finally, tomorrow I'm off to Vienna spending 11 hours on a train. Its going to be a long ride. I hope everyone else gets a chance to enjoy their fourth of July more than I do. The picture is Lake Geneva with Mont Blanc in the distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment