Just as I started talking to the cats my parents showed up to stop my insanity. Things in Vienna are going slowly because I know I have 5 weeks here so I haven't rushed off to do very much. Yesterday I went for a walk around town to see if I could come across anything interesting, but basically I just got lost, sweaty, and hot. In the end I just jumped on the metro to St. Stephen's Cathedral, the most well known landmark in Vienna. It's a large gothic cathedral in the same vein as the Notre Dame...having seen over two handfuls of century old churches in Europe so far I wasn't quite impressed as I might have been if it was the first one I'd seen. The roof was pretty cool. Outside there were fifty or so men wearing silly "mozart" type wigs trying to get people to attend the various concerts throughout the city. They did not persuade me.
Tonight my parents and I attended the Rathaus(the city hall) where there is a summer long film festival with outdoor food kiosks from all over the world. I had some Paella and a huge chocolate crepe. Delicious. It is a nice setting for an outdoor dinner and I'm sure I will head back there more than once. This weekend I'm off to Munich for some soccer....and probably some German beer, unless like the men's World Cup the women's World Cup only serves Budweiser, which would be a travesty.
The first cat is Pudge. The one below is Habibi.
The roof of St. Stephen's Cathedral.
No comments:
Post a Comment